Philly-Switzerland flight diverted due to smoke
PHILADELPHIA - October 20, 2011 (WPVI) -- A US airways flight from Philadelphia to Switzerland had to be diverted after smell of smoke.
US Airways flight 710, destined for Zurich, was diverted to Logan Airport in Boston.
The 767 has 187 passengers and 9 crewmembers aboard.
Four flight attendants were taken to a hospital for observation after getting sick from the smell caused by electrical burning.
No other injuries were reported.
The passengers will be taken to another aircraft and continue to Zurich overnight.
philadelphia, pennsylvania, switzerland, air travel, boston, massachusetts, local/state
- 3rd person dies after I-95 crash in Lawrence, N.J. 1 min ago
- Very cold today, Saturday storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- No charges against officers in teen Tasering
- Berks Co. police chief faces child porn charges
- DA: Charges coming in fatal frat ritual in Poconos 38 min ago
- 800K in danger of ID theft after laptop theft 13 min ago
- Interpreter at Mandela event: I was hallucinating
- DA: Woman stole $81K from Montco church
- Woman charged in boyfriend's heroin death
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed
- Photos: 60 photos of Golden Globe nominees
- Photos: Top Holiday Tech Gifts 2013!
- DA: Charges coming in fatal frat ritual in...
38 min ago
- 3rd person dies after I-95 crash in...
1 min ago