Mom arrested for abusing 2-year-old child
PHILADELPHIA, Pa. - October 21, 2011 (WPVI) -- A Frankford mother is behind bars Friday tonight, accused of severely abusing her two year old son.
Police say 31 year old Christina Flemming lied about how her child suffered injuries to his head, chest and groin.
The boy is recovering at St. Christopher's Hospital.
Flemming's family says she's a caring mother and they have several questions about what happened.
Flemming is charged with aggravated assault, endangering the welfare of a child, simple assault and recklessly endangering another person.
child abuse, abuse, frankford, philadelphia, pennsylvania, local/state
- Pizza deliveryman ID'd in police shooting 5 min ago
- Mostly sunny, very windy today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Eye doc grew pot in Delco home, police say 58 min ago
- Police ID man found dead in Centreville driveway 3 min ago
- Fmr. Devon Prep teacher faces child porn charges
- 4 alarm fire burns at motel in Berks County
- 3rd lottery jackpot hits at Atlantic Co. truck stop
- Detectives serve warrants at Chester police station
- New 'object of interest' in missing jet hunt
- Restaurant plans new statue of Joe Paterno
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- What would you ask Mayor Nutter?
- Eye doc grew pot in Delco home, police say
58 min ago
- Pizza deliveryman ID'd in police shooting
5 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos