Mom arrested for abusing 2-year-old child
PHILADELPHIA, Pa. - October 21, 2011 (WPVI) -- A Frankford mother is behind bars Friday tonight, accused of severely abusing her two year old son.
Police say 31 year old Christina Flemming lied about how her child suffered injuries to his head, chest and groin.
The boy is recovering at St. Christopher's Hospital.
Flemming's family says she's a caring mother and they have several questions about what happened.
Flemming is charged with aggravated assault, endangering the welfare of a child, simple assault and recklessly endangering another person.
child abuse, abuse, frankford, philadelphia, pennsylvania, local/state
- 51 confirmed dead in Oklahoma tornado
- Partly sunny, warm and humid today
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- 25-year-old man shot dead in North Philadelphia
- Teen shot multiple times in Feltonville
- Pa. primary will settle municipal, judicial, races 30 min ago
- NJ ex-priest arrested after working with kids 7 min ago
- Camera captures man stealing tractor 7 min ago
- Center City high rise evacuated due to fire
- 15 motorcyclists arrested following NJ chase ID'd
- New sighting reported of missing student's car
- Man convicted of murder in Pa. musician's slaying
- Surveillance video released in food vendor murder