Mom arrested for abusing 2-year-old child
PHILADELPHIA, Pa. - October 21, 2011 (WPVI) -- A Frankford mother is behind bars Friday tonight, accused of severely abusing her two year old son.
Police say 31 year old Christina Flemming lied about how her child suffered injuries to his head, chest and groin.
The boy is recovering at St. Christopher's Hospital.
Flemming's family says she's a caring mother and they have several questions about what happened.
Flemming is charged with aggravated assault, endangering the welfare of a child, simple assault and recklessly endangering another person.
child abuse, abuse, frankford, philadelphia, pennsylvania, local/state
- 7-alarm fire destroys homes in Sea Isle City 7 min ago
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Store owner victimizes teens with Taser
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Pedestrian struck by train in Plymouth Meeting 42 min ago
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- 76ers owner Harris calls 19-win season 'success'
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- Bride gets help after banquet closes
- Miley Cyrus still hospitalized, postpones Philly show
- 7-alarm fire destroys homes in Sea Isle City
7 min ago