Mom arrested for abusing 2-year-old child
PHILADELPHIA, Pa. - October 21, 2011 (WPVI) -- A Frankford mother is behind bars Friday tonight, accused of severely abusing her two year old son.
Police say 31 year old Christina Flemming lied about how her child suffered injuries to his head, chest and groin.
The boy is recovering at St. Christopher's Hospital.
Flemming's family says she's a caring mother and they have several questions about what happened.
Flemming is charged with aggravated assault, endangering the welfare of a child, simple assault and recklessly endangering another person.
child abuse, abuse, frankford, philadelphia, pennsylvania, local/state
- Cab driver shot outside Hunting Park nightclub
- AccuWeather: Tracking a Wintry Weekend 5 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Man critically injured in Camden County crash
- 4 shot outside Delaware nightclub
- More of US expected to see snow, sleet, ice
- Pearl Harbor ceremonies marks bombing anniversary
- Teacher says he was fired because he is gay
- 2nd suspect surrenders in Christmas package theft
- Temple University cuts 7 intercollegiate sports
- Residents displaced after high-rise fire
- NKorea says it deported US tourist and war vet
- Victim ID'd in deadly Wilmington hit-and-run
- AccuWeather: Tracking a Wintry Weekend
5 min ago