Coroner: Not baby, but fetus found on Phila. porch
LOGAN - October 24, 2011 (WPVI) -- The Philadelphia Coroner's Office said on Monday that it was a fetus, not a fully-formed baby, that was found on a porch this weekend.
The fetus weighed less than two pounds, the coroner said, and would not have been from a viable birth.
Still, police are looking for the woman who carried the fetus, saying she may be in need of medical attention.
The discovery was made early Saturday morning on a porch in the 4900 block of North Marvine Street.
The fetus, an African-American girl who still had her umbilical cord attached, was wrapped in a brown bath towel.
baby death, logan, philadelphia, pennsylvania, local/state
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids 39 min ago
- Partly sunny, a bit milder today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures from Del. River minivan plunge
- Delco man missing after leaving medical facility
- Rottweiler puppy poisoned in NJ
- Lehigh University suspends frat in vandalism case
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- Voorhees police need help identifying this man
- Video: Parents outraged by faked kidnapping
- Photos: Adorable meerkats befriend photographer
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3...
39 min ago