Coroner: Not baby, but fetus found on Phila. porch
LOGAN - October 24, 2011 (WPVI) -- The Philadelphia Coroner's Office said on Monday that it was a fetus, not a fully-formed baby, that was found on a porch this weekend.
The fetus weighed less than two pounds, the coroner said, and would not have been from a viable birth.
Still, police are looking for the woman who carried the fetus, saying she may be in need of medical attention.
The discovery was made early Saturday morning on a porch in the 4900 block of North Marvine Street.
The fetus, an African-American girl who still had her umbilical cord attached, was wrapped in a brown bath towel.
baby death, logan, philadelphia, pennsylvania, local/state
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill 46 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- ID theft warrant leads to pot bust in Hamilton Twp.
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Gun falls out of sock, kills thrift store worker
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill
46 min ago