Coroner: Not baby, but fetus found on Phila. porch
LOGAN - October 24, 2011 (WPVI) -- The Philadelphia Coroner's Office said on Monday that it was a fetus, not a fully-formed baby, that was found on a porch this weekend.
The fetus weighed less than two pounds, the coroner said, and would not have been from a viable birth.
Still, police are looking for the woman who carried the fetus, saying she may be in need of medical attention.
The discovery was made early Saturday morning on a porch in the 4900 block of North Marvine Street.
The fetus, an African-American girl who still had her umbilical cord attached, was wrapped in a brown bath towel.
baby death, logan, philadelphia, pennsylvania, local/state
- 3rd person dies after I-95 crash in Lawrence, N.J.
- Tracking Weekend Storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 2 injured in Vineland school bus crash 20 min ago
- No charges against officers in teen Tasering 14 min ago
- Berks Co. police chief faces child porn charges 41 min ago
- DA: Charges coming in fatal frat ritual in Poconos
- 800K in danger of ID theft after laptop theft 51 min ago
- Suspect sought after West Philadelphia bank robbery 33 min ago
- North Korea executes Kim Jong Un's uncle
- Interpreter at Mandela event: I was hallucinating
- DA: Woman stole $81K from Montco church
- Photos: 60 photos of Golden Globe nominees
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos