Coroner: Not baby, but fetus found on Phila. porch
LOGAN - October 24, 2011 (WPVI) -- The Philadelphia Coroner's Office said on Monday that it was a fetus, not a fully-formed baby, that was found on a porch this weekend.
The fetus weighed less than two pounds, the coroner said, and would not have been from a viable birth.
Still, police are looking for the woman who carried the fetus, saying she may be in need of medical attention.
The discovery was made early Saturday morning on a porch in the 4900 block of North Marvine Street.
The fetus, an African-American girl who still had her umbilical cord attached, was wrapped in a brown bath towel.
baby death, logan, philadelphia, pennsylvania, local/state
- Detectives serve warrants at Chester police station
- Mostly sunny, very windy today 10 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police-involved shooting in Southwest Philadelphia
- Fire damages corner produce store in North Philly 5 min ago
- 3 shot during funeral at Trenton church
- Serial burglar strikes South Phila. businesses
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Middle Township crash
- 6abc viewer helps police nab $18K jewelry suspect
- Arrest warrant issued in Collingdale hit-and-run
- Police release surveillance of Target heist
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- What would you ask Mayor Nutter?
- Mostly sunny, very windy today
10 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos