Coroner: Not baby, but fetus found on Phila. porch
LOGAN - October 24, 2011 (WPVI) -- The Philadelphia Coroner's Office said on Monday that it was a fetus, not a fully-formed baby, that was found on a porch this weekend.
The fetus weighed less than two pounds, the coroner said, and would not have been from a viable birth.
Still, police are looking for the woman who carried the fetus, saying she may be in need of medical attention.
The discovery was made early Saturday morning on a porch in the 4900 block of North Marvine Street.
The fetus, an African-American girl who still had her umbilical cord attached, was wrapped in a brown bath towel.
baby death, logan, philadelphia, pennsylvania, local/state
- Wife hid murdered husband, prosecutors say
- One Fine Friday!
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Connecticut commuter trains collide; 60 go to hospitals
- Hazmat spill sends 5 to hospital in Bucks County
- Mother charged with assaulting student at school
- 3 sought for robbery of 15-year-old
- Dozens of home remedies right in your kitchen
- City remembers fallen firefighter Michael Goodwin
- Man wanted for exposing himself in Montco
- Powerball jackpot grows to $600 million
- Cops: Pa. woman served laced burritos to family
- Reading family loses son to swinging rope game