Woman's ear bitten off by dog in Wynnefield
WYNNEFIELD - October 26, 2011 (WPVI) -- A dog is in the custody of the SPCA after it bit off a woman's ear.
The incident happened around 10:40 a.m. Wednesday in the 5200 block of Arlington Street in the Wynnefield section of Philadelphia.
The woman was rushed to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania for treatment.
There was no immediate word on what led to the attack.
The SPCA said the dog will be quarantined for the next 10 days.
philadelphia, pennsylvania, wynnefield, animal attacks, local/state
- Boy dies after Mayfair drowning incident 22 min ago
- Lots of sun, chilly today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- Minivan, car collide head-on in Paoli
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video
- Lockdown lifted at Pennsbury High School
- Elderly woman hurt in East Windsor apartment fire
- Multiple arrests after fight in bar parking lot
- 19-year-old struck, killed in Bordentown ID'd
- 292 missing, 4 dead in South Korea ferry disaster
- Free coffee as Wawa celebrates 50th
- Video: Boy gets stuck in claw arcade game
- 2 injured after vehicle hits sinkhole in...
24 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos