Woman's ear bitten off by dog in Wynnefield
WYNNEFIELD - October 26, 2011 (WPVI) -- A dog is in the custody of the SPCA after it bit off a woman's ear.
The incident happened around 10:40 a.m. Wednesday in the 5200 block of Arlington Street in the Wynnefield section of Philadelphia.
The woman was rushed to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania for treatment.
There was no immediate word on what led to the attack.
The SPCA said the dog will be quarantined for the next 10 days.
philadelphia, pennsylvania, wynnefield, animal attacks, local/state
- Plane towed, probe begins in gear collapse 31 min ago
- Milder this afternoon, snow possible Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Search for missing jet expands toward Indian Ocean
- Drunk driving suspected in Center City crash
- Fire damages Flap Jacks restaurant on City Avenue
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- Police investigate death of toddler at Del. daycare
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Photos: Pictures of suspects in Logan murder
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- 8th body recovered after NYC explosion
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Plane towed, probe begins in gear collapse
31 min ago