Council takes up new curfew bill
PHILADELPHIA - October 27, 2011 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia City Council is expected to pass a stricter curfew for minors on Thursday.
The bill would require three separate curfews for three different age groups, and it would hold parents liable if their children act out.
Critics say it would unfairly punish law abiding children.
Changes to current curfew were sparked by the violent flash mobs.
pennsylvania, philadelphia, flash mob, local/state
- 1 dead, multiple in custody after Logan standoff
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Fire engulfs new high-rise apartment in Calif.
- New joint replacement technique for the elbow
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases