Man struck, killed by Riverline train in Trenton
TRENTON, N.J. - October 28, 2011 (WPVI) -- A man was struck and killed by a northbound Riverline train from Camden to Trenton, New Jersey Friday morning.
The accident happened around 11:15 a.m. in the area of the station stop at the intersection of Route 129 and Cass Street in Trenton, New Jersey.
A spokesperson for New Jersey Transit says that the investigators believe the man stepped off the platform at Cass Street directly in front of the train.
Service on the Riverline between Hamilton Avenue in Trenton and the Bordentown, New Jersey station is suspended at this time, and the rest of the Riverline is experiencing 15 minute delays.
NJ Transit is providing alternate bus service at the affected stations to accommodate riders. NJ Transit encourages riders to check njtransit.com for further updates.
pedestrian struck, train accident, trenton, new jersey, local/state
- Former Philadelphia hero cop faces rape charges 25 min ago
- Shower In Spots 17 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Philly to Newark flight forced to make belly landing
- Child falls from 2-story window in Point Breeze
- Up to 60 injured after car drives into Va. parade
- Man found shot and killed in Wynnefield
- FBI searches apartment in ricin letter case
- Suspect identified in fatal Hofstra home invasion
- Mother of 7-year-old hit-and-run victim speaks
- 1 winning Mega Millions ticket sold in New Jersey
- Connecticut commuter trains collide; 70 hospitalized
- No Triple Crown: Oxbow upsets Orb at Preakness
- Former Philadelphia hero cop faces rape...
25 min ago
- Shower In Spots
17 min ago