Man found dead after standoff in Burlington Co.
MOUNT LAUREL TWP., N.J. - October 28, 2011 (WPVI) -- A man was found dead inside a home in Burlington County after barricading himself from police on Friday.
It all began when Mount Laurel police officers responded to the report of a barricaded subject on the unit block of Kenton Place in the Lakes Development at approximately 4:20 a.m. Friday.
A New Jersey State Police SWAT team and K-9 unit were called in to assist in the operation.
Nearby residents were evacuated after reports the man discharge a weapon several times.
Police eventually made entry into the home to find the man dead inside.
The man's identity has not yet been released.
standoff, burlington county, new jersey, local/state
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Man targeted in hit-and-run crash 49 min ago
- NJ woman: Dog and TV stolen on 1st date 32 min ago
- Prescription drug ring busted at Aria-Torresdale Hospital 35 min ago
- Family pets die in house blaze in Newark, Del.
- Captain of sunken S. Korean ferry, 2 crew arrested
- Search teams recover body of 13th Sherpa
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Police: Store owner victimizes teens with Taser
- Pedestrian struck by train in Plymouth Meeting
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police