Man found dead after standoff in Burlington Co.
MOUNT LAUREL TWP., N.J. - October 28, 2011 (WPVI) -- A man was found dead inside a home in Burlington County after barricading himself from police on Friday.
It all began when Mount Laurel police officers responded to the report of a barricaded subject on the unit block of Kenton Place in the Lakes Development at approximately 4:20 a.m. Friday.
A New Jersey State Police SWAT team and K-9 unit were called in to assist in the operation.
Nearby residents were evacuated after reports the man discharge a weapon several times.
Police eventually made entry into the home to find the man dead inside.
The man's identity has not yet been released.
standoff, burlington county, new jersey, local/state
- London theater partially collapses; 80 injured
- Record Weekend Warmth 59 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk
- Attempted child luring in Newtown, Bucks County
- Holiday tips, cards stolen in East Pikeland Twp.
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- Cat hoarder at Grace Kelly home found guilty
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Video captures Laundromat robbery
- Teacher admits to sex with 4 students
- Bring old clothes to new H&M for savings
- Record Weekend Warmth
59 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos