Tree falls through house killing elderly man
TEMPLE, Pa. - October 29, 2011 (WPVI) -- An elderly man was killed Saturday afternoon when a tree, bearing the weight of accumulated wet, heavy snow, fell onto his Berks County home.
The tree fell around 2:20 p.m. at 11 Skyline Drive in Temple, Pennsylvania.
Police say 84-year-old Charles Loder was napping on his recliner inside his home when the large tree smashed through his house, killing him instantly.
It took crews two hours to remove the victim as other trees were falling in the area of the incident.
berks county, pennsylvania, snow, severe weather, local/state
- Photos: Maps of Monday's expected snow 49 min ago
- Snow likely Sunday into Monday 50 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Students evacuated in Camden H.S. gas leak 9 min ago
- 3 injured in 2-alarm fire in Holmesburg 28 min ago
- Family displaced in Wilmington house fire
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- Investigator: Missing plane flew over Malaysia
- SEPTA unveils strike plan; union says strike unlikely
- Police investigate death of toddler at Del. daycare
- Teen father arrested for biting nose off infant
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Video: Pastor collapses, dies, after admitting...
- Snow likely Sunday into Monday
50 min ago