Tree falls through house killing elderly man
TEMPLE, Pa. - October 29, 2011 (WPVI) -- An elderly man was killed Saturday afternoon when a tree, bearing the weight of accumulated wet, heavy snow, fell onto his Berks County home.
The tree fell around 2:20 p.m. at 11 Skyline Drive in Temple, Pennsylvania.
Police say 84-year-old Charles Loder was napping on his recliner inside his home when the large tree smashed through his house, killing him instantly.
It took crews two hours to remove the victim as other trees were falling in the area of the incident.
berks county, pennsylvania, snow, severe weather, local/state
- Chase ends near Sports Complex; suspects sought 9 min ago
- Tracking Weekend Storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- OSHA investigates lead exposure at Oxford Mills 49 min ago
- 3rd person dies after I-95 crash in Lawrence, N.J.
- No death penalty for man charged in wife death
- 2 injured in Vineland school bus crash
- No charges against officers in teen Tasering
- Berks Co. police chief faces child porn charges
- DA: Charges coming in fatal frat ritual in Poconos
- Woman admits to stealing packages from Delco homes
- 800K in danger of ID theft after laptop theft
- North Korea executes Kim Jong Un's uncle 13 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos