Police: Carbon monoxide kills Delco woman
UPPER DARBY, Pa. - October 31, 2011 (WPVI) -- Authorities are blaming the fatal carbon monoxide poisoning of a young Delaware County woman on a malfunctioning heating system.
Upper Darby police say 22-year-old Anna Mae Croumbley was found dead in the basement bedroom of her family's home around 4 a.m. Sunday.
Officials say a carbon monoxide alarm went off in the adjoining twin home, alerting neighbors. Firefighters who arrived at the scene evacuated both homes and found Croumbley unresponsive.
Police Superintendent Michael Chitwood says investigators found a clogged chimney flue and forced the deadly gas back into the basement. He said Croumbley's father had turned on the heat about an hour earlier for the first time this year.
pennsylvania, delaware county, carbon monoxide, local/state
- 1 winning Powerball ticket sold in Fla 57 min ago
- AccuWeather: Damp and cooler 14 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Woman faces DUI charges after NE Phila. crash 59 min ago
- Water main break forces evacuation of Fishtown bar 49 min ago
- Bicyclist struck in Kensington DUI crash 35 min ago
- Former Philadelphia hero cop faces rape charges
- Probe into Conn. train crash giving way to cleanup 5 min ago
- Philly to Newark flight forced to make belly landing
- Child falls from 2-story window in Point Breeze
- Up to 60 injured after car drives into Va. parade
- Suspect identified in fatal Hofstra home invasion
- American Cancer Society celebrates 100 years 16 min ago
- 1 winning Powerball ticket sold in Fla
57 min ago
- Woman faces DUI charges after NE Phila. crash
59 min ago
- Water main break forces evacuation of...
49 min ago
- Bicyclist struck in Kensington DUI crash
35 min ago