Fire Dept.: Kensington gas leak under control
KENSINGTON - November 1, 2011 (WPVI) -- The Philadelphia Fire Department tells Action News that a gas leak reported Tuesday morning has been brought under control.
The leak was first reported around 9:15 a.m. on the 1900 block of East Madison Street in the city's Kensington section.
When fire crews arrive they confirmed that gas leak but couldn't find where it was coming from.
Twenty homes were evacuated while the fire department conducted their investigation.
The situation was brought under control at 10:12 a.m.
PGW believes that the leak was in the street and will dig it up and fix the problem.
No injuries have been reported.
gas leak, kensington, philadelphia, local/state
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids 22 min ago
- Freeze Warning overnight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Delco man missing after leaving medical facility
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- All-clear given after Liberty H.S. lockdown
- Ferry sinks off South Korea; 6 dead, 290 missing
- Voorhees police need help identifying this man
- Burlco man charged in brother's hit-and-run death
- Boy dies after Mayfair drowning incident
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- Made In America Festival in Philly and LA
- Photos: Royal family kicks off tour of Australia