2 men arrested after police chase in Center City
Tuesday, November 01, 2011
CENTER CITY - November 1, 2011 (WPVI) -- Two men have been taken into custody after sending Philadelphia Police on a chase throughout the city.It started around 12:30 p.m. on the 400 block of North Farson Street. Detectives with the Philadelphia District Attorney's office arrived to issue a warrant to the two men living inside the home. The nature of the warrant is unknown. When the men saw the detectives arriving, they fled the scene in a black van. The suspects then travelled onto the Schuylkill Expressway with detectives and police officers in hot pursuit. The chase continued onto the Vine Street Expressway and exited onto 23rd Street. Police were able to catch the two men on the 2200 block of Market Street, and the suspects were taken into custody.
(Copyright ©2013 WPVI-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)
philadelphia police, pennsylvania, philadelphia, center city, police, police chase, schuylkill expressway, local/state
- Photos: Weekend storm forecast maps
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app 52 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Police search for missing Rider University student
- Tennis coach charged with corruption of minors
- Arrest made after taxi carjacking in South Phila.
- Mega Millions jackpot jumps to $425-million
- Man arrested in car bomb plot at Kansas airport 1 min ago
- Chase ends near Sports Complex; suspects sought
- Police: Driver dies in crash after fleeing 2 others
- Laundromat robbed in Cedarbrook
- Stolen Xmas decorations returned in Berks Co.
- Video captures Manayunk market break-in
6abc.com News Links