2 men arrested after police chase in Center City
Tuesday, November 01, 2011
CENTER CITY - November 1, 2011 (WPVI) -- Two men have been taken into custody after sending Philadelphia Police on a chase throughout the city.It started around 12:30 p.m. on the 400 block of North Farson Street. Detectives with the Philadelphia District Attorney's office arrived to issue a warrant to the two men living inside the home. The nature of the warrant is unknown. When the men saw the detectives arriving, they fled the scene in a black van. The suspects then travelled onto the Schuylkill Expressway with detectives and police officers in hot pursuit. The chase continued onto the Vine Street Expressway and exited onto 23rd Street. Police were able to catch the two men on the 2200 block of Market Street, and the suspects were taken into custody.
(Copyright ©2014 WPVI-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)
philadelphia police, pennsylvania, philadelphia, center city, police, police chase, schuylkill expressway, local/state
- Apartments evacuated in Bucks Co. hazmat investigation 36 min ago
- Sunny and Cooler!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- SEPTA trolley collides with taxi in West Philadelphia
- Man gets pinned under van in Logan crash
- Man seriously injured in crash on Roosevelt Blvd.
- Gunfire erupts on Delaware Ave. near SugarHouse Casino
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
6abc.com News Links