9-year-old hospitalized after Fishtown accident
FISHTOWN - November 2, 2011 (WPVI) -- A 9-year-old boy is hospitalized following a two vehicle crash in the Fishtown section of Philadelphia.
Police say the accident happened around 4:30 p.m. at Columbia and Girard avenues.
The 9-year-old boy, described as a front seat passenger, was transported to St. Christopher's Hospital for Children in stable condition.
Officials say one of the two SUVs involved the accident struck a building. The other hit a fire hydrant and then crashed into a utility pole.
No other information has been released.
philadelphia, pennsylvania, fishtown, accident, local/state
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd
- Easter Sunshine Sunday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Armed robbery at Target on Roosevelt Boulevard
- Elderly man struck, killed in Rhawnhurst
- Sex assault on West Chester University campus
- Missing boater in Del. River ID'd, search called off
- Crimefighters: Reward in Camden drive-thru murder
- Divers pull more bodies from South Korean ferry
- No cause yet in 7-alarm Sea Isle City fire
- Good Samaritans help nab alleged purse snatchers
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police