One $245 million Powerball ticket sold
DES MOINES, Iowa - November 3, 2011 (WPVI) -- Millions of tickets sold for last night's Powerball game, but only one matched all six numbers correctly.
The ticket -- worth $245 million -- was sold in Connecticut, one of the 33 states and territories where Powerball is played.
The twice-weekly game's jackpot had gone without a top winner since September 14th, growing with each rollover. As a result of last night's win, Saturday's jackpot now resets to $20 million.
Starting in mid-January, Powerball is being restructured to make it slightly easier to win, but ticket prices are going to rise from one to two dollars. Initial jackpots will also start at $40 million, instead of $20 million.
The winning numbers were: 12-14-34-39-46, Powerball: 36, Power Play: 4
powerball, lottery, connecticut, local/state
- Upping Saturday's snowfall projections 1 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Chase ends near Sports Complex; suspects sought
- Laundromat robbed in Cedarbrook 59 min ago
- Carjack suspect in custody in SW Phila.
- Driver crashes into police cruiser in Wilmington
- 2 injured in Vineland school bus crash
- 3rd person dies after I-95 crash in Lawrence, N.J.
- No charges against officers in teen Tasering
- Woman admits to stealing packages from Delco homes
- DA: Charges coming in fatal frat ritual in Poconos
- Video: Flyers fans receive greatest Christmas gift
- Upping Saturday's snowfall projections
1 min ago