Bail hearings set for 3 in casino carjacking
Thursday, November 03, 2011
MAYS LANDING, N.J. (WPVI) -- Bail hearings are scheduled Thursday for three Camden men charged in a deadly Atlantic City casino parking garage carjacking.Eighteen-year-old Raheem Simmons, Eric Darden and Phillip Byrd, both 20, are charged with murder, carjacking and other offenses. Authorities say 28-year-old Sunil Rattu of Old Bridge and 24-year-old Radha Ghetia of Sayreville were robbed of a small amount of cash in the Trump Taj Mahal parking garage, then forced to drive to an alley where they were shot on Sept. 18. Rattu died from two gunshot wounds to the head. Ghetia survived two shots in the upper body. The deadly carjacking was the second in a little over a year that originated in the Taj Mahal parking garage.
(Copyright ©2014 WPVI-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)
carjacking, atlantic city, new jersey, casinos, local/state
- Apartments evacuated in Bucks Co. hazmat investigation 19 min ago
- Sunny and Cooler!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- SEPTA trolley collides with taxi in West Philadelphia 43 min ago
- Man gets pinned under van in Logan crash
- Man seriously injured in crash on Roosevelt Blvd.
- Gunfire erupts on Delaware Ave. near SugarHouse Casino
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
6abc.com News Links