Local designer wins "DWTS" costume contest
PHILADELPHIA - November 4, 2011 (WPVI) -- A local costume designer can now add designing for "Dancing with the Stars" to her resume.
Amanda Wolff found out Friday that she won Dancing's "Macy's Design a Dance" contest.
The 22-year old showed Lisa Thomas-Laury her costume designs earlier this week.
Wolff honed her sewing skills at the Mason Gross design school at Rutgers, and landed an apprenticeship at the Walnut Street Theatre.
She is understandably ecstatic about the win.
"It's been quick," said Amanda. "I'm still really excited, and I haven't really gotten to think about it too much, but yeah, it's awesome."
Wolff will travel to Los Angeles to see her creations revealed on the ballroom floor November 15th.
You can see it live right here on 6abc.
dancing with the stars, philadelphia, pennsylvania, local/state
- Former Philadelphia hero cop faces rape charges
- Shower In Spots
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Philly to Newark flight forced to make belly landing
- Child falls from 2-story window in Point Breeze
- Up to 60 injured after car drives into Va. parade
- Man found shot and killed in Wynnefield
- FBI searches apartment in ricin letter case
- Suspect identified in fatal Hofstra home invasion
- Mother of 7-year-old hit-and-run victim speaks
- 1 winning Mega Millions ticket sold in New Jersey
- Connecticut commuter trains collide; 70 hospitalized
- No Triple Crown: Oxbow upsets Orb at Preakness