Local designer wins "DWTS" costume contest
PHILADELPHIA - November 4, 2011 (WPVI) -- A local costume designer can now add designing for "Dancing with the Stars" to her resume.
Amanda Wolff found out Friday that she won Dancing's "Macy's Design a Dance" contest.
The 22-year old showed Lisa Thomas-Laury her costume designs earlier this week.
Wolff honed her sewing skills at the Mason Gross design school at Rutgers, and landed an apprenticeship at the Walnut Street Theatre.
She is understandably ecstatic about the win.
"It's been quick," said Amanda. "I'm still really excited, and I haven't really gotten to think about it too much, but yeah, it's awesome."
Wolff will travel to Los Angeles to see her creations revealed on the ballroom floor November 15th.
You can see it live right here on 6abc.
dancing with the stars, philadelphia, pennsylvania, local/state
- Police: Man targeted in hit-and-run crash 13 min ago
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Family pets die in house blaze in Newark, Del.
- Captain of sunken S. Korean ferry, 2 crew arrested
- Police: Store owner victimizes teens with Taser
- Pedestrian struck by train in Plymouth Meeting
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater 6 min ago
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Miley Cyrus still hospitalized, postpones Philly show
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- Is it time for smart watches?