Local designer wins "DWTS" costume contest
PHILADELPHIA - November 4, 2011 (WPVI) -- A local costume designer can now add designing for "Dancing with the Stars" to her resume.
Amanda Wolff found out Friday that she won Dancing's "Macy's Design a Dance" contest.
The 22-year old showed Lisa Thomas-Laury her costume designs earlier this week.
Wolff honed her sewing skills at the Mason Gross design school at Rutgers, and landed an apprenticeship at the Walnut Street Theatre.
She is understandably ecstatic about the win.
"It's been quick," said Amanda. "I'm still really excited, and I haven't really gotten to think about it too much, but yeah, it's awesome."
Wolff will travel to Los Angeles to see her creations revealed on the ballroom floor November 15th.
You can see it live right here on 6abc.
dancing with the stars, philadelphia, pennsylvania, local/state
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Slightly Cooler Sunday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ