Local designer wins "DWTS" costume contest
PHILADELPHIA - November 4, 2011 (WPVI) -- A local costume designer can now add designing for "Dancing with the Stars" to her resume.
Amanda Wolff found out Friday that she won Dancing's "Macy's Design a Dance" contest.
The 22-year old showed Lisa Thomas-Laury her costume designs earlier this week.
Wolff honed her sewing skills at the Mason Gross design school at Rutgers, and landed an apprenticeship at the Walnut Street Theatre.
She is understandably ecstatic about the win.
"It's been quick," said Amanda. "I'm still really excited, and I haven't really gotten to think about it too much, but yeah, it's awesome."
Wolff will travel to Los Angeles to see her creations revealed on the ballroom floor November 15th.
You can see it live right here on 6abc.
dancing with the stars, philadelphia, pennsylvania, local/state
- Teacher admits to sex with 4 students 50 min ago
- Turning Milder
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's 6 min ago
- Cat hoarder at Grace Kelly home found guilty 57 min ago
- Person injured in incident on train tracks in Center City 4 min ago
- Police in standoff at home in Uwchlan Twp. 8 min ago
- NJ Transit bus crashes into building, 9 injured 12 min ago
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
- Purse snatcher at Willow Grove Mall caught on camera
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed
- Security breach affected all cards, not...
6 min ago
- Man dies in fast-moving blaze in Talleyville
1 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos