Police pull body from Schuylkill River
PHILADELPHIA - November 5, 2011 (WPVI) -- Authorities are trying to figure out how a man ended up drowning in the Schuylkill River Saturday night.
Officials tell Action News they found the unidentified man floating in the river just after 6:30pm.
They believe he either jumped or fell off the bridge near Market and Chestnut Streets.
He was in the water for at least ten minutes, before being rescued.
water rescue, drowning, philadelphia, pennsylvania, local/state
- 1 dead, multiple in custody after Logan standoff
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Fire engulfs new high-rise apartment in Calif.
- New joint replacement technique for the elbow
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases