Police shooting man twice in stomach after chase
JUNIATA PARK - November 8, 2011 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia police shot a man overnight after a chase that ended in Juniata Park.
Police say they noticed a car driving with no tires and stolen license plates. They chased the driver onto the property of the Simkar Corporation, located at G Street and Ramona Avenue, where they shot the driver twice in the stomach.
The driver is hospitalized in serious condition.
Police took his passenger in for questioning.
police, police chase, shooting, juniata park, pennsylvania, philadelphia, local/state
- Crews race to find tornado survivors; 24 dead 11 min ago
- Partly sunny, warm and humid today
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Local help on the way for tornado victims 2 min ago
- Oklahoma Tornado: How You Can Help 32 min ago
- Street-level interactive weather map
- Delaware trash can explosion leaves 1 injured 42 min ago
- Skippack student may have 'voluntarily' vanished
- Man convicted of murder in Pa. musician's slaying
- 15 motorcyclists arrested following NJ chase ID'd
- 2 teens arrested at Pennsbury H.S. prom
- SUV crashes when dog gets stuck in steering wheel
- NJ ex-priest jailed after working with kids 32 min ago
- Crews race to find tornado survivors; 24 dead
11 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos