Coroner: Pa. hunter's death ruled an accident
HARRISBURG, Pa. - November 8, 2011 (WPVI) -- Officials say the shooting death of a central Pennsylvania turkey hunter was an accident.
Dauphin County Coroner Graham Hetrick says 57-year-old Howard Lynd III was accidentally shot by his son on Saturday evening. Hetrick says the Millersburg man was shot in the chest by a small caliber bullet.
Hetrick says Lynd's son thought he was shooting at a turkey. The son dialed 911 and performed CPR but was unable to save his father.
The state game commission is investigating.
harrisburg, pennsylvania, hunting, local/state
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Slightly Cooler Sunday 55 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Slightly Cooler Sunday
55 min ago
- Skydiver gets tangled with landing plane
42 min ago
- Student meets bone marrow recipient for...
39 min ago