Coroner: Pa. hunter's death ruled an accident
HARRISBURG, Pa. - November 8, 2011 (WPVI) -- Officials say the shooting death of a central Pennsylvania turkey hunter was an accident.
Dauphin County Coroner Graham Hetrick says 57-year-old Howard Lynd III was accidentally shot by his son on Saturday evening. Hetrick says the Millersburg man was shot in the chest by a small caliber bullet.
Hetrick says Lynd's son thought he was shooting at a turkey. The son dialed 911 and performed CPR but was unable to save his father.
The state game commission is investigating.
harrisburg, pennsylvania, hunting, local/state
- 2 dead after truck and car collide in Mercer County 8 min ago
- Bitter Blast Thursday
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Suspects tie up 71-year-old in home invasion
- Worker shocked by electrical cable in East Falls
- Bandit holds up TD Bank in Chestnut Hill
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed
- American University campus lockdown lifted
- Fake deaf interpreter crashes Mandela memorial
- Woman charged in boyfriend's heroin death
- Narcotic officers raid Lacey High School
- NASA: Cooling pump on space station shuts down
- Video: Cover Story: Can Foles break jinx?