Police: Man trying to catch train falls on tracks
OVERBROOK - November 8, 2011 (WPVI) -- One man is dead after being hit by a train this afternoon in Overbrook.
It happened around 4:00 p.m. at 63rd Street and City Avenue at the Overbrook train station.
Police say a man, between 40 and 60 years old, was attempting to catch a train when he fell on the tracks and was hit by an Amtrak train heading westbound to Harrisburg.
SEPTA suspended service on the Paoli-Thorndale line following the incident.
philadelphia, pennsylvania, overbrook, accident, pedestrian struck, amtrak, SEPTA, local/state
- Boy killed in Chester accident ID'd 20 min ago
- Unsettled to spectacular
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Get the new 6abc StormTracker app
- Photos: Pictures of damage from Monday's storms
- Multi-alarm fire at titanium plant in Berks 18 min ago
- Woman pulled from Phila. collapse loses both legs 17 min ago
- Committee sets hearings on demolitions in Phila. 26 min ago
- Girl, 4, dies after crash that killed father
- Witness: Man who disrupted flight ranted about CIA
- Burlington taxi driver death ruled homicide, victim ID'd
- Photos: 7 arrests in Phila. prostitution cases
- School bus, car, pedestrian involved in crash 41 min ago
- Automatic renewal contracts 2 min ago
- Boy killed in Chester accident ID'd
20 min ago
- Woman pulled from Phila. collapse loses...
17 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos