Police: Man trying to catch train falls on tracks
OVERBROOK - November 8, 2011 (WPVI) -- One man is dead after being hit by a train this afternoon in Overbrook.
It happened around 4:00 p.m. at 63rd Street and City Avenue at the Overbrook train station.
Police say a man, between 40 and 60 years old, was attempting to catch a train when he fell on the tracks and was hit by an Amtrak train heading westbound to Harrisburg.
SEPTA suspended service on the Paoli-Thorndale line following the incident.
philadelphia, pennsylvania, overbrook, accident, pedestrian struck, amtrak, SEPTA, local/state
- Photos: 21 suspects ID'd in Collingdale drug sweep
- Foggy, cloudy, mild today
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Missing mom, baby from Newark, Del. found
- Sinkhole opens up on Northern Liberties street 25 min ago
- Christmas decoration theft caught on camera
- Attorney: Winston relieved no charges in sex case 47 min ago
- Pizza delivery man shot in Overbrook
- Missing Phila. boy hit by car in Upper Darby
- Chester Co. firefighters called to Md. pet shop fire
- Coffins unearthed at North Philly school
- Attack in Center City caught on camera
- Video: Topless woman chases peeper from Kohl's