1 dead, 2 others injured in Juniata Park fire
PHILADELPHIA - November 11, 2011 (WPVI) -- One man was killed and two other people were injured in a house fire in Juniata Park.
The fire broke out in a basement apartment in the 4500 block of Pennhurst Street around 1 a.m. Friday.Investigators are not yet releasing the name of the person killed, only saying the victim is a 42-year-old man.
Two others were injured during the fire and were transported to the hospital.
Officials said one of the injured is a 30-year-old woman who suffered second-degree burns and had to jump from an upper floor of the home to be rescued.Fire crews said there were no steps to the basement, where the fire started, making it difficult to fight the flames.
juniata park, philadelphia, fire, local/state
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Slightly Cooler Sunday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ