1 dead, 2 others injured in Juniata Park fire
PHILADELPHIA - November 11, 2011 (WPVI) -- One man was killed and two other people were injured in a house fire in Juniata Park.
The fire broke out in a basement apartment in the 4500 block of Pennhurst Street around 1 a.m. Friday.Investigators are not yet releasing the name of the person killed, only saying the victim is a 42-year-old man.
Two others were injured during the fire and were transported to the hospital.
Officials said one of the injured is a 30-year-old woman who suffered second-degree burns and had to jump from an upper floor of the home to be rescued.Fire crews said there were no steps to the basement, where the fire started, making it difficult to fight the flames.
juniata park, philadelphia, fire, local/state
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead 2 min ago
- Lots of sun, chilly today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Minivan, car collide head-on in Paoli 2 min ago
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video
- Lockdown lifted at Pennsbury High School
- Elderly woman hurt in East Windsor apartment fire 13 min ago
- Multiple arrests after fight in bar parking lot
- 19-year-old struck, killed in Bordentown ID'd
- 292 missing, 4 dead in South Korea ferry disaster
- Chaka Fattah Jr. files $10 million federal lawsuit
- Free coffee as Wawa celebrates 50th
- Video: Boy gets stuck in claw arcade game
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos