Police: Mother charged after baby left alone dies
WILMINGTON, Del. - November 11, 2011 (WPVI) -- Police say they have arrested the mother of an infant who was found dead on Friday morning in Wilmington, Delaware.
Arrested is 19-year-old Jacqueline Figueroa of the 1000 block of Kirkwood Street.
Investigators say Figueroa left her 3-month-old baby boy alone for several hours last night.
On Friday morning, police say, the baby was found unresponsive by a family member.
The family member, police and medical personnel attempted CPR on the baby, but those attempts at resuscitation were unsuccessful.
The baby was pronounced dead at the hospital.
Figueroa was charged with one felony count of endangering the welfare of a child.
No bail information was immediately available.
delaware, child death, suspicious death, local/state
- Photos: Maps of Monday's expected snow
- Snow likely Sunday into Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Students evacuated in Camden H.S. gas leak 37 min ago
- 3 injured in 2-alarm fire in Holmesburg 3 min ago
- Family displaced in Wilmington house fire
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- Investigator: Missing plane flew over Malaysia
- SEPTA unveils strike plan; union says strike unlikely
- Police investigate death of toddler at Del. daycare
- Teen father arrested for biting nose off infant
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Video: Pastor collapses, dies, after admitting...