Police: Mother charged after baby left alone dies
WILMINGTON, Del. - November 11, 2011 (WPVI) -- Police say they have arrested the mother of an infant who was found dead on Friday morning in Wilmington, Delaware.
Arrested is 19-year-old Jacqueline Figueroa of the 1000 block of Kirkwood Street.
Investigators say Figueroa left her 3-month-old baby boy alone for several hours last night.
On Friday morning, police say, the baby was found unresponsive by a family member.
The family member, police and medical personnel attempted CPR on the baby, but those attempts at resuscitation were unsuccessful.
The baby was pronounced dead at the hospital.
Figueroa was charged with one felony count of endangering the welfare of a child.
No bail information was immediately available.
delaware, child death, suspicious death, local/state
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd 50 min ago
- Easter Sunshine Sunday 30 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Armed robbery at Target on Roosevelt Boulevard 36 min ago
- Elderly man struck, killed in Rhawnhurst 50 min ago
- Sex assault on West Chester University campus 50 min ago
- Missing boater in Del. River ID'd, search called off 50 min ago
- Crimefighters: Reward in Camden drive-thru murder 33 min ago
- Divers pull more bodies from South Korean ferry 49 min ago
- No cause yet in 7-alarm Sea Isle City fire 50 min ago
- Good Samaritans help nab alleged purse snatchers
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd
50 min ago
- Missing boater in Del. River ID'd, search...
50 min ago
- Divers pull more bodies from South Korean...
49 min ago
- Easter Sunshine Sunday
30 min ago