Man attempts suicide at Univ. of Del. library
NEWARK, Del. - November 11, 2011 (WPVI) -- Police say a shooting at the University of Delaware was an attempted suicide and there is no danger to the community.
It was around 6:00 a.m. Friday when, police say, a man in his 20's shot in himself in the chest on the east patio of the library.
The victim, only identified as a man in his 20s and a 2008 University of Delaware graduate, was rushed by medics to Christiana Hospital.
He was last reported to be in fair condition.
The library is still open and police say there is no danger to anyone on campus.
delaware, university of delaware, shooting, local/state
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- Freeze Warning overnight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Delco man missing after leaving medical facility
- Puppy poisoned in Mantua, New Jersey
- Lehigh University suspends frat in vandalism case
- All-clear given after Liberty H.S. lockdown
- Ferry sinks off South Korea; hundreds still missing
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- Wawa celebrates 50th birthday with big gifts
- Photos: Wawa celebrates 50 years
- Voorhees police need help identifying this man