Man attempts suicide at Univ. of Del. library
NEWARK, Del. - November 11, 2011 (WPVI) -- Police say a shooting at the University of Delaware was an attempted suicide and there is no danger to the community.
It was around 6:00 a.m. Friday when, police say, a man in his 20's shot in himself in the chest on the east patio of the library.
The victim, only identified as a man in his 20s and a 2008 University of Delaware graduate, was rushed by medics to Christiana Hospital.
He was last reported to be in fair condition.
The library is still open and police say there is no danger to anyone on campus.
delaware, university of delaware, shooting, local/state
- Numbers drawn for $636M Mega Millions jackpot
- Overnight Snow Showers South
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Water main break causes river of ice in Cherry Hill 12 min ago
- Phila. attorney Charles Peruto, Sr. dies
- Dramatic video released of violent 7-Eleven robbery
- Coach charged with sexually assaulting 4 more victims
- Woman found murdered in Bethlehem
- 91-year-old man stabbed, robbed in Egg Harbor
- Harvard student charged in campus bomb hoax
- Kevin Hart on stolen computers: I'll be back
- Gunman kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital