Woman's body found by river in Chester
CHESTER, Pa. - November 11, 2011 (WPVI) -- Police are investigating after a woman's body was found on the banks of the Delaware River in Chester on Friday morning.
Officers were called to the area of Seaport Drive and Highland Avenue shortly after 9:00 a.m.
There, they found the body of a 36-year-old white female.
She has been identified, police say, but they are withholding her name until family members can be notified.
Police have not given any indication as to how she died.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Chester Police Detective Robert Whitaker at (610) 447-8420 or CID Detective Robert Fuss (610) 891-4700.
pennsylvania, chester, body found, local/state
- Hospital: Teen shot at Colorado high school dies 26 min ago
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Carolers sing to grant Pa. cancer patient's wish
- 6 apartments destroyed in Wilmington fire 13 min ago
- Police search for missing Delco mother
- Woman arrested in fatal North Philly stabbing
- Officer shoots, kills Lancaster County man
- 4 charged with murder in NJ mall carjacking
- Penn State student dies in jump from garage
- NASA astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ