Two men shot on SEPTA subway platform
CENTER CITY - November 13, 2011 (WPVI) -- Police are investigating a shooting on a SEPTA subway platform in Center City that left two men hospitalized.
It happened just before 1:00 a.m. at the Broad Street Line platform below Broad and Locust streets.
Police say a 19-year-old male was shot twice in the back and stabbed in the head. He is listed in critical condition.
An 18-year-old was shot in the foot. He tried to walk away but collapsed near Broad and Walnut streets. He is listed in stable condition.
The second victim told police he was walking down the concourse to catch the trolley, when he heard several gunshots behind him.
Investigators are still unsure what sparked the attack.
No arrests have been made.
pennsylvania, philadelphia, center city, shooting, SEPTA, local/state
- ABC News: Possible security breach at Target
- Winter Warm Up
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Police search for suspects in religious store robbery
- Jewelry thieves target Montgomery Co. open houses
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
- Police: Man shoots self on SEPTA bus
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del.
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Upper Darby's Chitwood reflects on career
- Video: Soldier returning from Afghanistan...
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed