Two men shot on SEPTA subway platform
CENTER CITY - November 13, 2011 (WPVI) -- Police are investigating a shooting on a SEPTA subway platform in Center City that left two men hospitalized.
It happened just before 1:00 a.m. at the Broad Street Line platform below Broad and Locust streets.
Police say a 19-year-old male was shot twice in the back and stabbed in the head. He is listed in critical condition.
An 18-year-old was shot in the foot. He tried to walk away but collapsed near Broad and Walnut streets. He is listed in stable condition.
The second victim told police he was walking down the concourse to catch the trolley, when he heard several gunshots behind him.
Investigators are still unsure what sparked the attack.
No arrests have been made.
pennsylvania, philadelphia, center city, shooting, SEPTA, local/state
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video
- Wet to Wintry!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man charged with hoax near marathon finish line
- Moment of silence marks Boston bombings
- Bucks Co. runner set to return to Boston Marathon
- Hundreds rescued after ferry sinks near South Korea
- 20-month-old found safe, Amber Alert canceled
- High winds bring damage to Abington Twp.
- Chaka Fattah Jr. files $10 million federal lawsuit
- Woman delivers baby after church van crash
- Police: Pa. man tries to snatch baby from stroller
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos