I-76 W reopens after tractor-trailer crash
PHILADELPHIA, Pa. - November 14, 2011 (WPVI) -- Two people were injured in a crash that shut down the westbound lanes of the Schuylkill Expressway early Monday morning.A tractor-trailer, said to be hauling boxes of cocoa butter, overturned at the Girard Avenue Exit just before 4:00 a.m.
A minivan was also involved in the wreck. Debris from the truck fell off the expressway onto Martin Luther King Drive, causing traffic delays on the Drive as well. The far left lane of the westbound Schuylkill Expressway reopened just before 5:30 a.m., and the remaining two lanes reopened several hours later. There is no word on what led to the crash. Police are investigating.
Find out about Breaking News as it happens. Sign up for 6abc.com Breaking News Alerts.
accident, philadelphia, fairmount park, schuylkill expressway, local/state
- 7-alarm fire destroys homes in Sea Isle City 2 min ago
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Store owner victimizes teens with Taser 38 min ago
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- 76ers owner Harris calls 19-win season 'success'
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- Bride gets help after banquet closes
- Worth the wait: Easter treats in Philadelphia
- Miley Cyrus still hospitalized, postpones Philly show
- 7-alarm fire destroys homes in Sea Isle City
2 min ago