Gas valve problem shuts down Rt. 73 in Voorhees
VOORHEES, N.J. - November 15, 2011 (WPVI) -- A gas line shut off value was accidentally struck overnight, forcing traffic detours this morning along Route 73 in Voorhees, New Jersey.
NJ DOT tells Action News that it was around midnight when a private contractor hit the gas line shut off value.
The contractor was working on the access driveway and entrance for the development of the new Virtua Health Hospital at that location.
Repairs are still ongoing.
Route 73 Northbound is closed between Cooper Road and Evesham Avenue. Southbound Route 73 is closed between Evesham Avenue and Kresson Road.
Officials estimate that some lanes of traffic will be flowing again sometime after 1:00 p.m.
new jersey, gas leak, local/state
- 7-alarm fire destroys homes in Sea Isle City
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend 24 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Family pets die in house blaze in Newark, Del. 14 min ago
- Police: Store owner victimizes teens with Taser
- Pedestrian struck by train in Plymouth Meeting
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Miley Cyrus still hospitalized, postpones Philly show
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- Is it time for smart watches?
- Video: Train nearly hits senator