Gas valve problem shuts down Rt. 73 in Voorhees
VOORHEES, N.J. - November 15, 2011 (WPVI) -- A gas line shut off value was accidentally struck overnight, forcing traffic detours this morning along Route 73 in Voorhees, New Jersey.
NJ DOT tells Action News that it was around midnight when a private contractor hit the gas line shut off value.
The contractor was working on the access driveway and entrance for the development of the new Virtua Health Hospital at that location.
Repairs are still ongoing.
Route 73 Northbound is closed between Cooper Road and Evesham Avenue. Southbound Route 73 is closed between Evesham Avenue and Kresson Road.
Officials estimate that some lanes of traffic will be flowing again sometime after 1:00 p.m.
new jersey, gas leak, local/state
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Sunny and Cooler! 44 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man gets pinned under van in Logan crash 15 min ago
- Man seriously injured in crash on Roosevelt Blvd. 7 min ago
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Malaysia jet may have turned back 34 min ago
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Sunny and Cooler!
44 min ago