FBI raids Burlington home, but offers no details
BURLINGTON, N.J. - November 15, 2011 (WPVI) -- The FBI tells Action News they have concluded an investigation in Burlington, New Jersey, but are offering no details about why they were there.
Authorities were on the scene in the 400 block of Independence Drive around noon on Tuesday.
Some nearby homes were evacuated as a precaution during the investigation, the FBI said.
Those agents were joined by the ATF, state and local police - all were heavily armed.
The view from Chopper 6 HD showed investigators combing through a home and a white Cadillac parked out front.
"Pretty hectic. We had cops, vehicles all over the place. It was nuts," said a neighbor who only identified himself as "John."
The home belongs to James Gajdeerowicz, who came in and out of the home despite the ongoing search. He and his wife, Joyce, refused to talk to reporters.
Joyce even shielded her face as she was taken away by family friends, who say James is just a "regular Joe." Neighbors say they've seen James sporting a Pagan motorcycle jacket.
The implication that authorities were looking for something explosive shocked neighbors, who said they didn't really know the couple in questions.
"They've always stayed to themselves, we've never seen anything suspicious at all," said neighbor Joanne Repici.
The FBI said they were conducting operations after obtaining information as part of an undisclosed investigation.
However, by 12:45 p.m., the FBI said their operations had concluded and no further details were being provided at this time.
burlington county, new jersey, police, local/state
- Malaysian leader: plane's disappearance deliberate
- Breezy And Mild!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2 couples robbed at gunpoint in North Philly
- Fire forces 11 people from their homes 18 min ago
- Renovation competitors fight at Phila. fire scenes
- Moving day for Oak Lane Garden residents
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike
- 1 critical after being shot multiple times in Wilmington
- 100 plus weight loss journey to healthy living
- Boyd Theatre to be demolished, rebuilt
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police