Crash ends with car on train tracks; 2 hurt
SOMERTON - November 16, 2011 (WPVI) -- Two people were hurt overnight after they lost control of their car and landed on SEPTA train tracks.
The crash happened around 1:45 a.m. Wednesday at Edison and Prospect Streets in the Somerton section of Philadelphia.
Police say the driver went over the sidewalk and landed on the West Trenton Line (R3) tracks.
A 19-year-old woman and a 28-year-old man sustained multiple injuries and are now hospitalized in stable condition.
accident, somerton, northeast philadelphia, pennsylvania, philadelphia, local/state
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- Freeze Warning overnight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Delco man missing after leaving medical facility
- Puppy poisoned in Mantua, New Jersey
- Lehigh University suspends frat in vandalism case
- All-clear given after Liberty H.S. lockdown
- Ferry sinks off South Korea; hundreds still missing
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- Wawa celebrates 50th birthday with big gifts
- Photos: Wawa celebrates 50 years
- Voorhees police need help identifying this man