Crash ends with car on train tracks; 2 hurt
SOMERTON - November 16, 2011 (WPVI) -- Two people were hurt overnight after they lost control of their car and landed on SEPTA train tracks.
The crash happened around 1:45 a.m. Wednesday at Edison and Prospect Streets in the Somerton section of Philadelphia.
Police say the driver went over the sidewalk and landed on the West Trenton Line (R3) tracks.
A 19-year-old woman and a 28-year-old man sustained multiple injuries and are now hospitalized in stable condition.
accident, somerton, northeast philadelphia, pennsylvania, philadelphia, local/state
- Photos: Maps of Monday's expected snow
- Snow likely Sunday into Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Renovation competitors fight at Phila. fire scenes
- Moving day for Oak Lane Garden residents
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike
- 1 critical after being shot multiple times in Wilmington
- 100 plus weight loss journey to healthy living
- Boyd Theatre to be demolished, rebuilt
- Phila. Police search for suspect in Rite Aid robbery
- Missing plane: Piracy theory gains more credence
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police