Report: Corbett approved Second Mile grant
PITTSBURGH - November 16, 2011 (WPVI) -- The charity established by the former Penn State coach at the heart of a child sex abuse scandal received approval for a $3 million state grant but the release of those funds is now on hold.
The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reports Wednesday the grant for The Second Mile was approved by Gov. Tom Corbett's office earlier this year. Corbett was the attorney general whose office began the investigation into the alleged sexual contact between charity founder Jerry Sandusky and young boys.
The Post-Gazette report says the legislature budgeted for the grant last year and the funds were approved for release by Gov. Ed Rendell. Corbett's office reviewed the grant agreement after he took office in January and approved the money.
Corbett's office says the grant is now on hold.
Information from: Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, http://www.post-gazette.com
gov. tom corbett, jerry sandusky, penn state, child sex assault, local/state
- More Snow on the Way
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Video: Preparing for more snow
- Video: Tracking more snow
- 2 arrested for violent Center City attack
- Thief steals $17K from Philadelphia charter school
- Arrest in S. Phila. Christmas decoration theft
- Study: Child an hour injured on high chairs
- Princeton begins meningitis B vaccinations
- Video: Recapping the Eagles Snow Bowl
- Roy Halladay retires after 16 seasons
- Woman stabbed female cousin to death, police say