Public weighs in on proposed Phila. school closings
PHILADELPHIA - November 19, 2011 (WPVI) -- The public got its first chance to comment on proposed school closings in Philadelphia.
Roxborough High School hosted a hearing Saturday morning to allow the public to weigh in on the closing of several public schools.
Roxborough High is not one of the 9 schools on the district's list of what is being called "Facilities Master Plan."
An independent consultant came up with the recommendations, as the district grapples with too many empty seats, aging buildings, and debt.
A vote on the plan is possible by spring, after a series of more public hearings.
philadelphia school district, philadelphia, pennsylvania, local/state
- 3rd Phila. police-involved shooting in 2 days
- Lots of clouds, damp today
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- I-5 bridge collapses into Washington river 15 min ago
- Missing Skippack student found in North Carolina
- Woman convicted in fiance's wedding day death
- 3 injured in Coatesville industrial accident
- Chesco man accused of sex assault on 2 young boys
- Employee injured, suspect wanted in Hatfield robbery
- Video: Time lapse of Seaside Heights boardwalk... 5 min ago
- NJ: Caramel-colored rubbing alcohol sold as scotch
- Runways reopen after emergency at Heathrow Airport 19 min ago
- Actress Bynes arrested in NYC on marijuana charge 46 min ago
- I-5 bridge collapses into Washington river
15 min ago