2 hospitalized in Frankford house fire
FRANKFORD - November 27, 2011 (WPVI) -- Firefighters rescued two people from an early morning house fire in the Frankford section of Philadelphia.
It happened around 5:10 Sunday morning on the 4600 block of Penn Street.
Crews responded to the scene to find heavy smoke pouring from a three-story home.
The flames were brought under control within minutes but firefighters remained to battle hot spots.
The two victims were taken to Aria Hospital-Torresdale Division for evaluation. No word on their conditions.
Investigators believe that arson was to blame for the blaze.
pennsylvania, philadelphia, frankford, fire, local/state
- Search for missing college student from Collegeville
- Stray Shower, Patchy Fog Tonight
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Tornadoes level homes in Oklahoma, hit other states
- 2 alarm apartment fire in Washington Township
- Tracking down criminals with family DNA testing
- 15 motorcyclists arrested in NJ Turnpike chase
- Bear spotted in Bensalem, Bucks County
- Teen killed over iPad, 2 suspects arrested
- 2 FBI agents killed in training accident in Virginia
- 1 winning Powerball ticket sold in Florida
- Sketches released of Del. attempted abduction suspect
- OTRC: Billboard Music Awards 2013 winners list
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos