Pothole repairs cause delays on NJ Turnpike
CARTERET, N.J. - November 23, 2011 (WPVI) -- Pothole repairs could slow holiday travelers on the New Jersey Turnpike Wednesday.
State Police closed the southbound truck lanes Tuesday night to fill a hole after more than a dozen vehicles got flat tires.
The state Transportation Department says ongoing repairs south of Interchange 13 in Carteret will continue until midday Wednesday.
The DOT says repairs could slow southbound motorists on the turnpike's outer roadway. The DOT also says southbound traffic entering New Jersey from the Goethals Bridge may want to consider an alternate crossing if possible.
new jersey turnpike, new jersey, travel, local/state
- 51 confirmed dead in Oklahoma tornado
- Soupy Situation
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Center City high rise evacuated due to fire
- 15 motorcyclists arrested following NJ chase ID'd
- New sighting reported of missing student's car
- Cherry Hill East student injured in crash
- Man convicted of murder in Pa. musician's slaying
- Police: Driver under influence crashes into fire dept.
- Surveillance video released in food vendor murder
- Appoquinimink teacher arrested for indecent exposure
- Bucks County bear now spotted in Bristol Twp.
- Yahoo takes big leap with $1.1B deal for Tumblr