Thanksgiving with the McCanns, Grahams
NORTHEAST PHILADELPHIA - November 24, 2011 (WPVI) -- What holiday feast would be complete without sharing it with a houseful of friends and family?
At the home of Brian and Alicia Graham, there was a major production under way, putting together quite a Thanksgiving Dinner.
"My daughter and I made little pilgrim hats, we made them with a cookie and a peanut butter cup," said Alicia.
The preparation began Wednesday night when three generations of Graham's and McCann's got together to prepare the feast.
With the turkey completely cooked after four and a half hours, Jack McCann put the final touches on the mashed potatoes and prepared to carve.
"I looked at Alicia Vitarelli do it," said Jack. "I hope I can do it as well as she did."
Drawn by the lure of all that cooking, it didn't take long for everyone to gather round the table to chow down. But not before 5 year old Connor Graham said grace.
"Thank you for a world so sweet. Thank you for the food we eat. Thank you for the birds that sing. Thank you God for everything," recited Connor.
And on that note, it was time to enjoy all the good food. They'll worry about counting calories, some other day.
northeast philadelphia, thanksgiving, local/state, dann cuellar
- Montco DA: Drug ring targeted schools; 8 arrested 7 min ago
- Sunny today, more clouds tomorrow
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Skydiver in fatal South Jersey accident ID'd 40 min ago
- Woman's body found in Pa. excavation storage site 5 min ago
- Medical chopper called to crash on Route 55 33 min ago
- Jogger helps rescue man from Schuylkill River
- Photos: Pictures from NJ skydiving accident
- Boston Marathon begins under tight security 2 min ago
- SKorean president: Ferry crew actions 'murderous' 14 min ago
- Surveillance expected from Target heist
- Teen stowaway survives flight in landing gear
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!
- Skydiver in fatal South Jersey accident ID'd
40 min ago