Thanksgiving with the McCanns, Grahams
NORTHEAST PHILADELPHIA - November 24, 2011 (WPVI) -- What holiday feast would be complete without sharing it with a houseful of friends and family?
At the home of Brian and Alicia Graham, there was a major production under way, putting together quite a Thanksgiving Dinner.
"My daughter and I made little pilgrim hats, we made them with a cookie and a peanut butter cup," said Alicia.
The preparation began Wednesday night when three generations of Graham's and McCann's got together to prepare the feast.
With the turkey completely cooked after four and a half hours, Jack McCann put the final touches on the mashed potatoes and prepared to carve.
"I looked at Alicia Vitarelli do it," said Jack. "I hope I can do it as well as she did."
Drawn by the lure of all that cooking, it didn't take long for everyone to gather round the table to chow down. But not before 5 year old Connor Graham said grace.
"Thank you for a world so sweet. Thank you for the food we eat. Thank you for the birds that sing. Thank you God for everything," recited Connor.
And on that note, it was time to enjoy all the good food. They'll worry about counting calories, some other day.
northeast philadelphia, thanksgiving, local/state, dann cuellar
- Carolers sing to grant Pa. cancer patient's wish 15 min ago
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Hospital: Teen shot at Colorado high school dies
- 6 apartments destroyed in Wilmington fire 58 min ago
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in East Mt. Airy shooting 28 min ago
- Police search for missing Delco mother
- Woman arrested in fatal North Philly stabbing
- 4 charged with murder in NJ mall carjacking
- Penn State student dies in jump from garage
- NASA astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ
- Carolers sing to grant Pa. cancer patient's...
15 min ago