Elderly woman, dog dead in Abington CO poisoning
ABINGTON, Pa. - November 25, 2011 (WPVI) -- An elderly woman and her dog were both killed in an accidental carbon monoxide poisoning at a home in Abington, Montgomery County on Friday.
Abington police and fire personnel responded to a home on the 1800 block of Chester Avenue shortly before 1:00 p.m. for the report of fumes.
The investigation revealed that the elderly woman apparently left a car running inside of a closed garage. She and the dog were found unresponsive and later pronounced dead.
There is no word on the identity of the woman.
Police are investigating.
carbon monoxide, montgomery county, pennsylvania, local/state
- Malaysian leader: plane's disappearance deliberate
- Breezy And Mild! 25 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2 couples robbed at gunpoint in North Philly 27 min ago
- Renovation competitors fight at Phila. fire scenes
- Moving day for Oak Lane Garden residents
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike
- 1 critical after being shot multiple times in Wilmington
- 100 plus weight loss journey to healthy living
- Boyd Theatre to be demolished, rebuilt
- Phila. Police search for suspect in Rite Aid robbery
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Breezy And Mild!
25 min ago
- 2 couples robbed at gunpoint in North Philly
27 min ago