Police seek NJ man wanted in 2-year-old's death
FREEHOLD, N.J. - November 25, 2011 (WPVI) -- Authorities are searching for a New Jersey father wanted in the drowning death of his 2-year-old toddler.
Police have charged Arthur Morgan III with murder after an autopsy showed the child died from `homicidal violence.'
Two-year-old Tierra Morgan was found dead Tuesday by park goers. They spotted the child strapped in her car seat and partially submerged in a creek in Wall Township.
Morgan has remained at large despite a dragnet involving 13 law enforcement agencies including the FBI.
Authorities believe the 27-year-old, of Ocean Township, may have left the state.
The toddler lived in Lakehurst with her mother and was having her first visitation with her father in a month.
Police say Morgan was supposed to return the girl to her mother Monday night.
new jersey, monmouth county, child death, local/state
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater 42 min ago
- Clouds to sun, cool today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del.... 42 min ago
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Vice principal commits suicide after ferry accident
- Popular chocolate maker reopens in time for Easter
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- Penn State police: 3 posed nude at Nittany shrine
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- Video: Hero twins yell, hit carjacker to escape