Occupy 'zombie' arrested at Harrisburg mall
HARRISBURG, Pa. (AP) - November 25, 2011 (WPVI) -- Occupy Harrisburg says a member of its group has been arrested at a city mall on Black Friday over a zombie outfit.
Lower Allen Township police said a young woman was arrested after refusing mall security's request to remove the facial makeup. The Capital City Mall bans outfits that obscure a person's face.
The protester, Jenn Hara, said she was merely asking security for more information about the mall's regulation when she was handcuffed and charged with misdemeanor trespassing.
Occupy Harrisburg organizers say members dressed as zombies to protest the consumerism of the celebrated shopping day that puts shoppers further in debt. They say the protesters walked peacefully through the mall early Friday and did not disrupt shoppers.
occupy movement, harrisburg, pennsylvania, local/state
- Shooting leads to police standoff in Logan 20 min ago
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- DUI suspected in Famous Footwear crash in Chesco 4 min ago
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Volunteer brutally assaulted outside Lehigh Co. church
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm 27 min ago
- Tests confirm toxic chemicals inside Phila. fire station
- Malaysian military: Missing jet changed course
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police