Occupy 'zombie' arrested at Harrisburg mall
HARRISBURG, Pa. (AP) - November 25, 2011 (WPVI) -- Occupy Harrisburg says a member of its group has been arrested at a city mall on Black Friday over a zombie outfit.
Lower Allen Township police said a young woman was arrested after refusing mall security's request to remove the facial makeup. The Capital City Mall bans outfits that obscure a person's face.
The protester, Jenn Hara, said she was merely asking security for more information about the mall's regulation when she was handcuffed and charged with misdemeanor trespassing.
Occupy Harrisburg organizers say members dressed as zombies to protest the consumerism of the celebrated shopping day that puts shoppers further in debt. They say the protesters walked peacefully through the mall early Friday and did not disrupt shoppers.
occupy movement, harrisburg, pennsylvania, local/state
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video
- Lots of sun, chilly today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Lockdown lifted at Pennsbury High School
- Multi-alarm fire at NJ apartment complex 19 min ago
- Western Pa. school reopens after stabbings
- Multiple arrests after fight in bar parking lot
- High winds bring damage to Abington Twp.
- 19-year-old struck, killed in Bordentown ID'd
- 292 missing, 4 dead in South Korea ferry disaster
- Chaka Fattah Jr. files $10 million federal lawsuit
- Free coffee as Wawa celebrates 50th
- Video: Boy gets stuck in claw arcade game
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos