Car collides with school bus, no serious injuries
BRIDESBURG - November 28, 2011 (WPVI) -- Police are investigating an accident involving a school bus and another vehicle.
At around 4:00 p.m. Philadelphia police and medic units were called out to the 4100 block of Richmond Street for the report of a school bus accident.
When they arrived, they found a vehicle collided with the bus.
The vehicle slammed into the bus and ended up wedged underneath the rear of the bus.
The bus was filled with 25 students from the Maritime Academy Charter School at the time of the accident.
A mother called Action News and said her son and two others were taken to a local hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.
The driver of the car has been identified as Brian Kidd.
Police say Kidd told them he rounded the corner and was blinded by the sun.
philadelphia, pennsylvania, port richmond, accident, school bus, local/state
- Standoff leaves 1 dead, several in custody 16 min ago
- AccuWeather: Very warm today, very cold tonight 24 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2 men shot inside Feltonville bar 17 min ago
- Triple shooting leaves 1 dead in West Oak Lane 6 min ago
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases
- 2 men shot inside Feltonville bar
17 min ago
- Triple shooting leaves 1 dead in West Oak...
6 min ago
- Standoff leaves 1 dead, several in custody
16 min ago