Car collides with school bus, no serious injuries
BRIDESBURG - November 28, 2011 (WPVI) -- Police are investigating an accident involving a school bus and another vehicle.
At around 4:00 p.m. Philadelphia police and medic units were called out to the 4100 block of Richmond Street for the report of a school bus accident.
When they arrived, they found a vehicle collided with the bus.
The vehicle slammed into the bus and ended up wedged underneath the rear of the bus.
The bus was filled with 25 students from the Maritime Academy Charter School at the time of the accident.
A mother called Action News and said her son and two others were taken to a local hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.
The driver of the car has been identified as Brian Kidd.
Police say Kidd told them he rounded the corner and was blinded by the sun.
philadelphia, pennsylvania, port richmond, accident, school bus, local/state
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- Brisk And Cold
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Neighbor alerts showering woman of fire in home
- Couple files suit over Lower Twp. blast 28 min ago
- Man robbed at gunpoint in North Philadelphia
- Derailed train car blocking road in South Coatesville
- Arrest in stabbing of elderly man in Egg Harbor
- Arrest in deadly June shooting in West Philadelphia
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del.
- Guide dog saves blind man after subway track fall 10 min ago
- Girl kidnapped, freed in Reading; suspect at large
- Tourist distracted by Facebook falls off pier