Warm weather draws rave reviews
OCEAN CITY, N.J. - November 28, 2011 (WPVI) -- Has anybody checked the calendar? Christmas is less than a month away but at the shore Monday it felt a lot more like spring or summer than winter. And people were loving it!
"Yes it's gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous. Who can believe it? It really is beautiful," said Evelyn Klein of Levittown, Pa.
"We said we could be in South Carolina sitting on the beach and it would feel the same way it does right here in Ocean City," said Jane Wunder of Egg Harbor Twp., N.J.
"Compared to the snow we had a couple weeks ago and no power in Connecticut and N.J.? Yeah, it's amazing," said Paul Feldmann of Liberty Corner, N.J.
On the boardwalk in Ocean City, instead of coats and hats people wore shirtsleeves and sunglasses, flip flops and shorts.
"In the back of my mind I still think it's summertime so I'm dressed for the occasion," said Jim Kirchner of Lancaster Pa.
"Well you wear your shorts 'til Christmas and then you go back in them about Easter," said Jack Hickey of Ocean City, N.J.
Who'd have thought I had to bring my sunscreen?
That's a fair question this time of year. The summer season is long gone and Christmas is on its way, which made me look twice when it seemed as if Santa was among those out for a bike ride this beautiful day.
"In the summer the little kids on the beach come up and say. 'Are you Santa?' I say, 'No, I'm his brother. Santa lives up north,'" said Herb Birch of Ocean City, N.J.
Some folks, like the Guagliones of Delaware County, even got out the sand chairs and went to the beach.
"You're working on your tan? Yeah it's just a relaxing day after a little bit of stressful holiday with cooking and all," said Bob Guaglione of Edgemont Twp., Pa.
It's still expected to be warm on Tuesday, but rain is on the way. So folks are making the most of the beautiful weather while it lasts.
new jersey, jersey shore, ocean city, local/state, nora muchanic
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator
- AccuWeather: Tracking light snow tonight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car 45 min ago
- Police: Man strikes own brother in hit and run
- Berks County man stabbed to death in Bahamas
- 2 men, sitting in SUV, shot in Chester
- Van crash leaves 2 men trapped in Center City
- Victim critical after stabbing in Frankford
- 2 women injured in Overbrook fire
- Crimea votes on Ukraine secession
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies
- Book 'em! Wilmington cop donates books to kids 1 min ago
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by...
45 min ago