5 people exposed to carbon monoxide in Montco
BALA CYNWYD, Pa. - November 29, 2011 (WPVI) -- Officials say five people including two children were hospitalized for carbon monoxide exposure at a Montgomery County apartment complex.
The call came in around 8:45 a.m. Tuesday from the Llanberris Apartments on the 100 block of Conshocken State Road.
Authorities say three adults were also sickened from the exposure.
"She came out with two kids and they kind of collapsed right there on the pavement," said witness Stephanie Bell.
The Lower Merion Fire Department says the fumes came from Building C of the complex .
"We found high levels of carbon monoxide in building C. We immediately went to other buildings and found levels of carbon monoxide in those as well," said Chief Chas McGarvey.
The building was evacuated and medics transported the five victims to local hospitals. No word on their victims.
PECO and firefighters then ventilated the building. They believe the leak was caused by a stove but the incident remains under investigation.
pennsylvania, montgomery county, carbon monoxide, local/state, chad pradelli
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Brief Surge of Mild Air
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Gas leak, evacuations reported in Frankford
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
- Partial house collapse in Strawberry Mansion
- 2 injured in NJ Turnpike crash in Mt. Laurel
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos