Carneys Point mourns loss of police chief
CARNEYS POINT, N.J. - November 30, 2011 (WPVI) -- The community of Carneys Point in Salem County, New Jersey is mourning the sudden loss of their police chief.
Chief Edmund Spinelli, Jr. died at his home overnight.
The 45-year-old was named chief back in 2006.
Spinelli previously served with the New Jersey State Police and the Penns Grove Police Department.
The cause of his death has not yet been released.
He is survived by his wife, Jean, two sons and two daughters ranging in age from 28 to 11.
new jersey, salem county, police, local/state
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat 6 min ago
- Sunny and Cooler!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- SEPTA trolley collides with taxi in West Philadelphia
- Man gets pinned under van in Logan crash
- Man seriously injured in crash on Roosevelt Blvd.
- Gunfire erupts on Delaware Ave. near SugarHouse Casino
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ