Patient killed at Belmont Behavioral Hospital
WYNNEFIELD HEIGHTS - December 1, 2011 (WPVI) -- Police are investigating a deadly attack at Belmont Behavioral Hospital in the Wynnefield Heights section of Philadelphia.
It happened at the facility in the 4200 block of Monument Road just after 12:00 a.m. on Thursday.
Police say one male patient attacked another male patient.
The 23-year-old victim was taken to Hahnemann Hospital where he was pronounced dead.
Homicide detectives are questioning the man who, they say, carried out the attack.
So far, police have not classified the case as a homicide and no charges have been filed.
The 147 bed Belmont Behavioral Hospital is a private psychiatric facility that treats a number of behavioral disorders, including addictions.
Officials at the hospital say they are fully cooperating with the investigation.
homicide, wynnefield, philadelphia, local/state
- Multi-car crash shuts down Schuylkill Expressway 16 min ago
- Warmer Weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school
- Missing 2-year-old found, mom's ex-boyfriend arrested 26 min ago
- SEPTA spreads holiday cheer with toy drive
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- Fmr. Montco GOP chairman to stand trial for rape
- Pa. Turnpike reopens after multi-vehicle crash
- Dealer charged with selling Sandy damaged cars
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport