Patient killed at Belmont Behavioral Hospital
WYNNEFIELD HEIGHTS - December 1, 2011 (WPVI) -- Police are investigating a deadly attack at Belmont Behavioral Hospital in the Wynnefield Heights section of Philadelphia.
It happened at the facility in the 4200 block of Monument Road just after 12:00 a.m. on Thursday.
Police say one male patient attacked another male patient.
The 23-year-old victim was taken to Hahnemann Hospital where he was pronounced dead.
Homicide detectives are questioning the man who, they say, carried out the attack.
So far, police have not classified the case as a homicide and no charges have been filed.
The 147 bed Belmont Behavioral Hospital is a private psychiatric facility that treats a number of behavioral disorders, including addictions.
Officials at the hospital say they are fully cooperating with the investigation.
homicide, wynnefield, philadelphia, local/state
- Teacher admits to sex with 4 students
- Turning Milder
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings 31 min ago
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's 37 min ago
- Cat hoarder at Grace Kelly home found guilty 3 min ago
- Person possibly struck by train in Center City 20 min ago
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- Car, SUV collide outside Trenton firehouse
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
- Purse snatcher at Willow Grove Mall caught on camera
- Accused Craigslist robber charged with murdering accomplice 53 min ago
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed
- Security breach affected all cards, not...
37 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos