Patient killed at Belmont Behavioral Hospital
WYNNEFIELD HEIGHTS - December 1, 2011 (WPVI) -- Police are investigating a deadly attack at Belmont Behavioral Hospital in the Wynnefield Heights section of Philadelphia.
It happened at the facility in the 4200 block of Monument Road just after 12:00 a.m. on Thursday.
Police say one male patient attacked another male patient.
The 23-year-old victim was taken to Hahnemann Hospital where he was pronounced dead.
Homicide detectives are questioning the man who, they say, carried out the attack.
So far, police have not classified the case as a homicide and no charges have been filed.
The 147 bed Belmont Behavioral Hospital is a private psychiatric facility that treats a number of behavioral disorders, including addictions.
Officials at the hospital say they are fully cooperating with the investigation.
homicide, wynnefield, philadelphia, local/state
- Photos: AccuWeather Maps: Snow arrives
- Snow will turn the ground white again!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Woman, 98, injured in Powelton high-rise fire
- Mike Schmidt reveals skin cancer battle
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator
- Crimeans vote to leave Ukraine, join Russia
- March Madness: Villanova, St. Joe's, UDel all in
- Delaware man suspected in 14 different thefts
- NJ salon customer allegedly attacks employees
- NJ state police trooper among 3 injured in crash
- Book 'em! Wilmington cop donates books to kids