Police search for 3 suspects in E. Mt. Airy shootout
EAST MOUNT AIRY - December 2, 2011 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia police are searching for three suspects in an early morning shootout that left one man critically injured.
It happened outside Reuben Marc's in the East Mount Airy section of Philadelphia early Friday morning.
Police say a bar manager and security guard opened fire on three masked men who were trying to rob a customer.
Police say the 36-year-old customer had gone to his car in the parking lot to get cash to pay a bar tab. That's when the suspects approached him.One of the men opened fire on the customer and wounded him. The bar manager and security guard then returned fire.
Neither of them was injured.
The suspects got away.
Police have not released the name of the victim. He remains in critical condition.
shooting, robbery, east mount airy, philadelphia, local/state
- Former Philadelphia hero cop faces rape charges
- Shower In Spots
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Philly to Newark flight forced to make belly landing
- Child falls from 2-story window in Point Breeze
- Up to 60 injured after car drives into Va. parade
- Man found shot and killed in Wynnefield
- FBI searches apartment in ricin letter case
- Suspect identified in fatal Hofstra home invasion
- Mother of 7-year-old hit-and-run victim speaks
- 1 winning Mega Millions ticket sold in New Jersey
- Connecticut commuter trains collide; 70 hospitalized
- No Triple Crown: Oxbow upsets Orb at Preakness