NJ newlyweds killed in South Carolina crash
PLAINFIELD, N.J. - December 2, 2011 (WPVI) -- Family and friends will gather Saturday to remember a newlywed New Jersey couple who died in a car accident in South Carolina on the day before Thanksgiving.
Twenty-nine-year-old Ibtissam Abdallah and 27-year-old Marquest Thomas were driving to spend the holiday with relatives when they lost control of their vehicle on Interstate 95.
Abdallah was a native of the Comoros Islands off the coast of Madagascar in Africa who was just accepted to study at Columbia University in New York. Thomas was a fourth-generation administrative assistant at a funeral home in Plainfield who was studying aerospace engineering.
They were married less than three months.
Thomas' grandfather, Harvey Judkins, told The Home News Tribune of East Brunswick there's been an "unbelievable" outpouring of support in the wake of the tragedy.
new jersey, south carolina, accident, local/state
- 1 death reported in East Harlem building explosion 1 min ago
- AccuWeather: Thunderstorms possible today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Screaming man attacks police station, cars 23 min ago
- Photos: Pictures of smashed police car, station...
- Homes evacuated in Tacony for gas leak
- Sandusky's wife: Victims manipulated over money
- Standoff leaves 1 dead, several in custody
- 2 men shot inside Feltonville bar
- Carjacking suspect arrested after rush hour chase 57 min ago
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- India asked to join hunt for missing plane
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Triple shooting leaves 1 dead in West Oak...
39 min ago
- Family of 5 escapes house fire in New...
35 min ago