Trucker fined over sticky Pa. turnpike goo
PITTSBURGH (AP) - December 2, 2011 (WPVI) -- A truck driver has been fined $1,000 over the leaky valve that spilled a sticky mess over nearly 40 miles of the Pennsylvania Turnpike.
A citation for failure to properly secure a load was filed Thursday against George Delaney before a Pennsylvania magistrate.
Officials say the Glen Burnie, Md., man was behind the wheel of a tanker truck that leaked sticky driveway sealant all over the eastbound lanes Nov. 22. Road crews had to plow the goop off the roadway and put down sand to dry it out.
At least 100 vehicles were disabled when the gooey muck coated their tires. More than 450 motorists reported damage.
Authorities say Delaney was responsible for the leaky valve. A phone number for him could not immediately be found.
pa turnpike, pennsylvania, travel, local/state
- 911 calls from Newtown, CT shooting released 4 min ago
- Clouds, some sun, mild today
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Walker autopsy complete; 'Fast & Furious 7' halted
- Photos: Paul Walker: Pictures of crash scene, vigil
- Suspect in killing of fmr. Marine surrenders
- Attack in Washington Square caught on camera
- Kutztown coach accused of covering up teen's rape
- Hunting Park standoff ends with surrender
- Toys for Tots: Woman on video was volunteer
- Ocean County police to carry heroin antidote
- Sophia, Jackson most popular baby names of 2013
- Photos: Open House: Pat Croce's $7.95M mansion