Trucker fined over sticky Pa. turnpike goo
PITTSBURGH (AP) - December 2, 2011 (WPVI) -- A truck driver has been fined $1,000 over the leaky valve that spilled a sticky mess over nearly 40 miles of the Pennsylvania Turnpike.
A citation for failure to properly secure a load was filed Thursday against George Delaney before a Pennsylvania magistrate.
Officials say the Glen Burnie, Md., man was behind the wheel of a tanker truck that leaked sticky driveway sealant all over the eastbound lanes Nov. 22. Road crews had to plow the goop off the roadway and put down sand to dry it out.
At least 100 vehicles were disabled when the gooey muck coated their tires. More than 450 motorists reported damage.
Authorities say Delaney was responsible for the leaky valve. A phone number for him could not immediately be found.
pa turnpike, pennsylvania, travel, local/state
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia 54 min ago
- Suspicious fire damages home in Camden 35 min ago
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
- Video: Dad ditches stroller to catch baseball, son... 3 min ago
- Video: Camden H.S. wrestler wins state championship
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia
54 min ago
- Suspicious fire damages home in Camden
35 min ago
- Dad ditches stroller to catch baseball, son...
3 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos