Gas leak contained in Northeast Philadelphia
NORTHEAST PHILADELPHIA - December 2, 2011 (WPVI) -- A handful of stores in Northeast Philadelphia were evacuated for a gas leak on Friday afternoon.
The leak was reported in the 2200 block of Cottman Avenue around 3:00 p.m.
Six stores were closed as a result.
However, by 5:15 p.m., PGW officials said the leak had been contained. Cottman Avenue was closed between Bustleton Avenue and Horrocks Street while the leak was repaired.
philadelphia, pennsylvania, northeast philadelphia, gas leak, local/state
- Plane's landing gear collapses at Phila. Airport 4 min ago
- After a Cold Night, Temps Rebound
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Police: Coatesville man died before fire began
- NJ charges 4 with false Sandy aid applications
- After 6 days, Malaysian jet mystery still unsolved
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- 7th body recovered after NYC explosion
- Philadelphia Zoo welcomes 2 new tiger cubs
- Video: Man punches boy, 8, steals his iPad