Gas leak contained in Northeast Philadelphia
NORTHEAST PHILADELPHIA - December 2, 2011 (WPVI) -- A handful of stores in Northeast Philadelphia were evacuated for a gas leak on Friday afternoon.
The leak was reported in the 2200 block of Cottman Avenue around 3:00 p.m.
Six stores were closed as a result.
However, by 5:15 p.m., PGW officials said the leak had been contained. Cottman Avenue was closed between Bustleton Avenue and Horrocks Street while the leak was repaired.
philadelphia, pennsylvania, northeast philadelphia, gas leak, local/state
- New sighting reported of missing student's car
- Mostly cloudy, humid today
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Appoquinimink teacher arrested for indecent exposure
- Disabled veteran robbed, beaten in home invasion
- Victim ID'd in Deptford Township arson
- Penn State penalities from Sandusky case argued 37 min ago
- Housekeeper sentenced for Ben Franklin bust theft
- $1 million Powerball ticket sold in North Wales, Pa.
- 51-year-old man shot and killed in Kensington
- Tracking down criminals with family DNA testing
- Bear spotted in Bensalem, Bucks County
- Sea Lion Worried About Little Girl
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos