Man shot in the chest, killed in S.W. Phila
SOUTHWEST PHILADELPHIA - December 5, 2011 (WPVI) -- A 22-year-old man is dead after gunfire erupted in Southwest Philadelphia early Monday evening.
The shooting happened shortly before 6:00 p.m. near Frazier and Broomall streets.
Arriving officers found the victim on the ground with a gunshot wound to the chest.
He was rushed to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, where he succumbed to his injuries.
The victim's name has not been released.
No word on any suspects at this time.
pennsylvania, philadelphia, southwest philadelphia, shooting, homicide, local/state
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed 5 min ago
- 3 frigid days, another weekend storm 50 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- On video: Robber dives thru window, attacks clerk
- Woman killed in Germantown was Villanova prof.
- Limo driver charged in wreck that killed newlyweds
- Pa. girl, 18, survives bear attack 44 min ago
- Man shot, killed on Kensington street
- Cab driver carjacked in South Philadelphia
- Mega Millions jackpot climbs; $1M ticket sold in NJ 50 min ago
- Pope Francis 'Person of the Year'; popularity surges
- Fake deaf interpreter crashes Mandela memorial
- Bedbug fighter recalled over fire hazard 41 min ago
- 3 frigid days, another weekend storm
50 min ago