Pa. city calls Occupy protest illegal
BETHLEHEM, Pa. - December 5, 2012 (WPVI) -- An eastern Pennsylvania city says the protesters camping near city hall are staging an illegal protest.
Officials informed the Occupy Bethlehem demonstrators on Friday that camping in the tea garden next to the library is illegal.
City officials say the small group of protesters was told in November they needed a permit to use the space.
Participants have voted to complete an application they plan to submit to the city.
Demonstrators have been camping in Bethlehem since late October.
occupy movement, bethlehem, pennsylvania, local/state
- DA's office: 4 held in deadly NJ mall carjacking 1 min ago
- Record Warmth! 31 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor
- Several cars vandalized in South Philadelphia 1 min ago
- Police investigate truck accident on Roosevelt Boulevard 1 min ago
- Police investigate double shooting in Mantua 1 min ago
- 3 rescued after car crashes into Delaware pond 1 min ago
- Multi-vehicle crash on Schuylkill Expressway
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school
- Missing 2-year-old found, mom's ex-boyfriend arrested
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- DA's office: 4 held in deadly NJ mall...
1 min ago
- Several cars vandalized in South Philadelphia
1 min ago
- Record Warmth!
31 min ago