Pa. city calls Occupy protest illegal
BETHLEHEM, Pa. - December 5, 2012 (WPVI) -- An eastern Pennsylvania city says the protesters camping near city hall are staging an illegal protest.
Officials informed the Occupy Bethlehem demonstrators on Friday that camping in the tea garden next to the library is illegal.
City officials say the small group of protesters was told in November they needed a permit to use the space.
Participants have voted to complete an application they plan to submit to the city.
Demonstrators have been camping in Bethlehem since late October.
occupy movement, bethlehem, pennsylvania, local/state
- Photos: Maps of Monday's expected snow
- Snow likely Sunday into Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Renovation competitors fight at Phila. fire scenes
- Moving day for Oak Lane Garden residents
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike
- 1 critical after being shot multiple times in Wilmington
- 100 plus weight loss journey to healthy living
- Boyd Theatre to be demolished, rebuilt
- Phila. Police search for suspect in Rite Aid robbery
- Missing plane: Piracy theory gains more credence
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police