Pa. city calls Occupy protest illegal
BETHLEHEM, Pa. - December 5, 2012 (WPVI) -- An eastern Pennsylvania city says the protesters camping near city hall are staging an illegal protest.
Officials informed the Occupy Bethlehem demonstrators on Friday that camping in the tea garden next to the library is illegal.
City officials say the small group of protesters was told in November they needed a permit to use the space.
Participants have voted to complete an application they plan to submit to the city.
Demonstrators have been camping in Bethlehem since late October.
occupy movement, bethlehem, pennsylvania, local/state
- Person of interest ID'd in hit-and-run 14 min ago
- AccuWeather: Easter to be comfortable, breezy
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Camden teen reported missing 22 min ago
- Flyers rally to beat Rangers 4-2, even series 50 min ago
- Photos: Pictures from Easter Sunday services
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Man shot, killed in Gloucester Twp. apartment
- Man found shot in minivan in Tioga-Nicetown
- Girl hospitalized after near-drowning in Philly hotel
- 2 injured after car hits Camden police cruiser
- Video: Snowmobiler charged by angry moose