Car plunges off I-95 in Torresdale
TORRESDALE - December 6, 2011 (WPVI) -- A driver was trapped after losing control of her vehicle and driving off I-95 and onto the roadway below in Philadelphia's Torresdale section.
Police say the car left the highway, landing onto Grant Avenue and James Street just after 6:00 Tuesday morning.
Police and rescue crews responded to the scene to find the vehicle on its roof and the driver trapped inside.
Crews managed to extricate the woman, who they say was conscious and alert.
She suffered numerous injuries and was taken to Frankford Hospital. No word on her condition.
There is also no word on what led to the accident. The investigation is ongoing.
accident, northeast philadelphia, torresdale, local/state
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall 5 min ago
- Milder Monday 45 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown 5 min ago
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90 5 min ago
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door 5 min ago
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat
- Man, 22, dies after shooting in Chester
- Man seriously injured in crash on Roosevelt Blvd.
- Gunfire erupts on Delaware Ave. near SugarHouse Casino
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Milder Monday
45 min ago
- Vietnam says it may have found missing...
5 min ago