Car plunges off I-95 in Torresdale
TORRESDALE - December 6, 2011 (WPVI) -- A driver was trapped after losing control of her vehicle and driving off I-95 and onto the roadway below in Philadelphia's Torresdale section.
Police say the car left the highway, landing onto Grant Avenue and James Street just after 6:00 Tuesday morning.
Police and rescue crews responded to the scene to find the vehicle on its roof and the driver trapped inside.
Crews managed to extricate the woman, who they say was conscious and alert.
She suffered numerous injuries and was taken to Frankford Hospital. No word on her condition.
There is also no word on what led to the accident. The investigation is ongoing.
accident, northeast philadelphia, torresdale, local/state
- 7-alarm fire destroys homes in Sea Isle City
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Family pets die in house blaze in Newark, Del.
- Captain of sunken S. Korean ferry, 2 crew arrested
- Police: Store owner victimizes teens with Taser
- Pedestrian struck by train in Plymouth Meeting
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Miley Cyrus still hospitalized, postpones Philly show
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- Is it time for smart watches?