Car plunges off I-95 in Torresdale
TORRESDALE - December 6, 2011 (WPVI) -- A driver was trapped after losing control of her vehicle and driving off I-95 and onto the roadway below in Philadelphia's Torresdale section.
Police say the car left the highway, landing onto Grant Avenue and James Street just after 6:00 Tuesday morning.
Police and rescue crews responded to the scene to find the vehicle on its roof and the driver trapped inside.
Crews managed to extricate the woman, who they say was conscious and alert.
She suffered numerous injuries and was taken to Frankford Hospital. No word on her condition.
There is also no word on what led to the accident. The investigation is ongoing.
accident, northeast philadelphia, torresdale, local/state
- Snow walloping Philadelphia area 13 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Storm causes multiple accidents, delays at airport 15 min ago
- Photos: Wintry weather forecast maps 21 min ago
- Photos: Images of Sunday's wintry mix
- Video: Eagles fan tailgate in the snow 59 min ago
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
- Police: Son of PHA employee charged with DUI
- Body found in Logan tire fire
- East Oak Lane apartment fire under control
- South Africans hold day of prayer for Mandela
- Susan Boyle says Asperger's diagnosis was a relief
- Snow walloping Philadelphia area
13 min ago