Car plunges off I-95 in Torresdale
TORRESDALE - December 6, 2011 (WPVI) -- A driver was trapped after losing control of her vehicle and driving off I-95 and onto the roadway below in Philadelphia's Torresdale section.
Police say the car left the highway, landing onto Grant Avenue and James Street just after 6:00 Tuesday morning.
Police and rescue crews responded to the scene to find the vehicle on its roof and the driver trapped inside.
Crews managed to extricate the woman, who they say was conscious and alert.
She suffered numerous injuries and was taken to Frankford Hospital. No word on her condition.
There is also no word on what led to the accident. The investigation is ongoing.
accident, northeast philadelphia, torresdale, local/state
- Police: Delco 2nd grade teacher groped 2 girls 19 min ago
- AccuWeather: Thunderstorms possible today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2 dead after building explosion in New York City 58 min ago
- Skippack student hospitalized with meningitis infection
- Phila. cop charged with false imprisonment
- Photos: Pictures from East Harlem explosion 58 min ago
- Jordan Brown murder case goes to Pa. high court 11 min ago
- Fatal house fire in Coatesville, Chester County 35 min ago
- Man in boxers attacks police station, cars
- NJ teen who sued parents returns home 27 min ago
- Pa. state senator charged with misuse of office 4 min ago
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm