West Chester family forced out by fire
Friday, December 09, 2011
WEST CHESTER, Pa. - December 9, 2011 (WPVI) -- A family in West Chester had to flee their house overnight to escape a fast-moving fire.It started at 1:15 a.m. Friday along the 500 block of East Barnard Street. Firefighters say the flames were on the first floor when they showed up, and quickly spread to the upper floors. Everyone was able to get out safely. The Red Cross is assisting the family of 7 - 4 adults and 3 children, providing financial assistance for food, clothing, winter coats and lodging for a minimum of 3 days. In addition, The Red Cross is also assisting with health services for medications.
Investigators are still trying to figure out how the fire started.
(Copyright ©2013 WPVI-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)
fire, west chester, chester county, pennsylvania, local/state
- Multi-vehicle crash on Schuylkill Expressway
- Warmer Weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Overbrook shooting 55 min ago
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands 20 min ago
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school 12 min ago
- Missing 2-year-old found, mom's ex-boyfriend arrested
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- Pa. Turnpike reopens after multi-vehicle crash
- Fmr. Montco GOP chairman to stand trial for rape
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly...
12 min ago
6abc.com News Links